Thursday, May 17, 2012

Beetroot, Maple Walnut Salad and Blue Cheese Cream Dressing

I made this salad a few weeks ago for a party and then again a few night's ago for dinner. I took a photo of it on Instagram and a lovely lady asked me to post the recipe, so here you go Leeanne!

INGREDIENTS
Blue Cheese Dressing
110g blue cheese
150ml pure cream, warmed
1 tsp cracked black pepper
(The recipe also suggests that for a naughty twist, try adding 30ml of orange liqueur. I used cumquat liqueur that my Nana had made)

2 bunches of baby beetroot
50ml olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 bunch of Italian parsley
200g mesculin salad
1/2 cup maple syrup

TO PREPARE
Pre-heat oven to moderate, 180degree (350F)
To make dressing, mix cream and blue cheese and whisk until smooth. Add cracked pepper.
wash and scrun baby beetroot. Cut off and leave 2cm of stalk. Place in baking tray and roast until soft and caramelised. (I used diced beetroot from a tin, cheating I know, but much easier and therefore didn't have to roast it)
In a bowl coat walnuts in maple syrup. Place on a baking tray and bake in a hot oven for 2 minutes.
Pick leaves from parsley and toss through salad leaves with beetroot and arrange on a plate.
Sprinkle walnuts over salad, drizzle with the blue cheese dressing and serve.







No comments:

Post a Comment