Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bircher Muesli Recipe

Ok so I had a crack at making Bircher Muesli! It really is so easy! Here it is...

  • 500g of organic rolled oats (worked out to be 2cups)
  • 2 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice (you can use apple juice)
  • 1 cup of milk (I am going to try coconut milk next time)
Soak this overnight in a sealed container so that the oats absorb the liquid. 
(I actually double this quantity to make a bigger batch)

In the morning put your serving of oats in your bowl, and add the following (well this is what I added you can put in what you like!):
  • Greek/natural yoghurt 
  • Grated apple
  • Handful of berries (I just used the frozen ones)
  • Goji berries
  • Chia seeds 
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Slithered almonds
  • Sprinkle of desiccated coconut
  • Squeeze of lime juice
  • Drizzle of maple syrup (can use honey)

Enjoy!
Helena x

No comments:

Post a Comment